Post a News Item
How-To post an Announcement or News Story
A 'News Item' can be used for any type of announcement to the Lasqueti Community. All news items are displayed in the "What's News" block on the front page of the website, with most recently posted news items listed at the top. A news item can also be associated with one of the broad topics on the site so it shows up in that area, and even associated with a particular page on the site - if that page has its own news block, then the news item will also show up on that page.
- Log-in (you must be logged in to post to the website)
- Post to Website... News or Event (from menu in left sidebar)
- Enter a Title for your news item - this will be listed in the What's News block.
- Optionally, you can set the "Topic" area for your news item, so your news shows up in that area of the website.
- Optionally, you can also 'tag' your news with any "Additional Subjects" - see How-To Tag Content.
- Optionally, you can select a date and/or time for your item to place it on the community calendar - see How-To Post an Event
- Enter the News Story itself in the Body field - enter whatever makes sense for your news. You can format your story using the simple web editor - see How-To Format Your Post
- Optionally, if you'd like your news item associated with a specific page on the site, select the page under "This news is related to...:". This will link the page to your news item, and if the page has a news block, the news item will show up on the page itself.
- Optionally, "Subscribe" to your news item so you will receive an e-mail if anyone comments on it.
- Press "Submit"
You should see your News Story in full. Notice there is an "Edit" tab at the top of the page - you can always return to the page and click on this tab to update or delete your news item. (You can also edit or delete any of your news items under "My Community.. My News") You should also see a link to your story at the top of the "What's News" block on the front page.